Monday, May 21, 2012
Awww... Peace
So I have been thinking a lot about the Gospel and trying to figure some things out. I just love the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! It teaches us how to live and love. I went to my husbands cousin's seminary graduation graduation last night and just loved it. One of the speakers said that Faith is a choice which is of course but I never looked at it that way just looked at it in the sense of trying to make it grow and another speaker said that no matter what we do with "our" time it is still in our Heavenly Father's time because we are his, he made us so be careful with what you do with "your" time and another speaker that I learned from last night reminded me of making sure to put our religious learning first then place our secular education after that, it's all about priority, what matters to you first? She also had said that her sophmore year had been particularly hard for her, she felt so alone and like she had no friends and decided to go to her Heavenly Father in prayer, she then opened up her scriptures and read about her Father in Heaven calling her friend, she said, " I knew that I was never alone after that, that I had a friend and that it was my Father in Heaven because he told me so!" I just love that our youth can be so amazing. Sometimes when I see some of the young kids they are not really acting as they should and I get a little discouraged about the future especially because my kids, is this really what the world has to offer?, but then I see and have awesome moments like yesterday and then I realize the importance in prayer, church, and making sure we go to the temple. We are taught that by going to the temple there will be angels looking over our loved one's, so if we really love our children and want them to be happy and have hope for them and their future then can we really afford not to go to the temple?
I have been struggling a little bit with my testimony and feelings lately and finally feel like I am doing great! Its nice when you know your testimony and wants are strong and of good things. I am very happy to be apart of something great! I once told a couple of friends this as we were talking about the gospel that I miss my Heavenly Father and asked them if they have ever felt that way? Their response was this, "I think that how can you miss someone you don't know?" I said, " but you can know of him, by reading your scriptures and learning of him, talking to him in prayer you can gain and have that friendship with him". I just want all of you to know that I love this Gospel, the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I know that he lives and he is about my father's business, that he made it possible for me to repent of my sins so I can be an eternal family with the ones I love and so I can live with my Father in Heaven again. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God,and restored the true church on earth, that President Monson is a true Prophet of God living today for my day, to give counsel and direction to help over come the scary things that are out there today and to not be so persuaded by man and there wicked ways per Mosiah 3:19".....The natural man is an enemy to God....". But there is hope, we can over come this "Natural Man". I promise you will miss him because you know of him and what love he has for you if you just try to get to know our Father whom is in Heaven! These things that I say is not of secrets or things unknown but of sacred things that mean so very much to me and you can have this great and wonderful knowledge if you will ask per 1 Nephi 15:11 Do you not remember the things which the Lord hath said?-If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
well said..love it!
Post a Comment